Monday 11 June 2012

Monday's Memory - School trips

Hello sweeties!
I'm currently looking to go on my first holiday with friends and no adults!
While searching through destinations I'm remembering some fond memories I thought I'd share with you.

#New York.
The most exciting holiday I've had so far. I went for 5 days with my art class last year which consisted of 14 pupils and 2 teachers. We stayed a hostel which was very basic you had a locker to put your stuff in, a bunk bed and a sink. The window wouldn't open the fan wouldn't work and the room was far too hot. I had to sleep in shorts and vests baring in mind there was half a foot of snow outside! We followed a little itinerary that we all put together, as it was an art trip we had to visit art museums, which I love doing anyway. We visited MOMA (I need to go back now! My favourite artist Cindy Sherman has an exhibition on now), The Met Museum,  American Museum of Natural History (I wanted to get lost in here forever! It's amazing!!) and more. Views from the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Centre were truly breath taking. Everyday we'd have breakfast next door at the cutest diner ever, I'd have pancakes everyday (I know, not healthy but this was America baby!) We went ice skating in Central Park and had our tea in the Hard Rock Cafe, made a new friend called Mustafa.
Times Square was just phenomenal we past MTV studios where Justin Beiber was filming, we stood outside trying to see if we could spot him a friend got interviewed; 
Camera guy: Do you like Justin Bieber?
Ellie: God no.
(Ellie is the poshest person I know)



#Stratford Upon Avon.
This was another trip with the school but this was with my English Literature class.
English Literature + Stratford Upon Avon = Shakespeare!
Yes, the birth place of the worlds greatest writer. Our main intention was to see a play performed by The Royal Shakespeare company, but the theatre was closed for repairs. So it was a mini trip away still learning about Shakespeare for our then up coming exams. We stayed in this beautiful mansion. We had to drive down which felt like ages, but our teachers were the entertainment whilst Mr C drove he constantly bitched about other teachers. On the trip we took an open top bus tour around the city, we sat at the back upstairs so when we passed the trees people were getting hit by the branches. As Mr C brought a schools credit card we all went for a lovely meal and bought plenty of wine! We visited Shakespeare's home which was so small yet quite cute. On day it was extremely hot so we sat by the harbour and fed the ducks.
One thing I hated about this trip were that the bathrooms were communal.
I was in the shower and heard someone knocking on the door. I knew that Stephen and Matthew were also having a shower at the same time (I checked the locks so many times, they DID work) I didn't know what to do so I hid behind the door with my head popping out.
Stephen: Michelle is there anyone in your room?
Me: There should be why? 
Stephen: Well, we've left the key in our room so we only have this *looking down at the towel wrapped around him*
Me: Oh, well yeah Kate should be in so just knock.
I came back to the room and Kate showed me this picture. They had to go downstairs like that, thank god there was a spare key.


M! xo

6 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to go on trips without parents, right? I remember those times when I'm still in school and it's like I'm so free and independent :)

    I found your blog on blog hop and I followed you via GFC.

    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, muchly appreciated! Its such a great feeling.
      xo

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures!

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had such a great time, I want to visit New York so much!

    Natasha xo
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thanks, I need to go back its so magical!
      xo

      Delete